Biomass – Yarok
Creating natural energy from Biomass
Biomass is the total mass of organic matter. Biomass includes plants, trees and animals. For that matter, animal manure is included as biomass.
Today there are different uses for biomass as a source of energy. Crops intended for bio – fuels exist around the world. Corn, peanuts and sugar cane are already material from which producers make burning liquid to operate combustion engines.
Creating natural energy from biomass is gaining momentum in recent years. Around the world biomass-based power plants are being set up.
Biomass power stations operate in two main configurations. In the first configuration, wood waste is chopped into wood chips. It is brought to the power plant and to the combustion Tank using heavy machinery.
The second configuration makes wood pellets stuffed with high calorific value. Wooden pellets use automatic feeder that feeds the boilers when necessary.
IEC is already examining the possibility of integrating coal-fired power stations with biomass. Combining biomass power plant apparatus of the electric company can help significantly reduce air pollution these plants.
Yarok Natural energy is setting up a pellet processing plant. Within the company’s activities in biomass Yarok turns to plants that use steam and offers changing the oil fuel boilers (polluting boilers) to biomass based boilers. For this purpose, Yarok Natural Energy has signed with leading European companies in the production, sale, installation and maintenance of biomass-enabled steam boilers.
Under the regulation for power generation and renewable energy set Electricity Public Utility Authority quota totaling 210 mega – watts for electricity generation and biogas biomass.
The regulation framework can apply to ISRAC for the electrical license to operate a power plant based biomass or biogas connected to the electric company’s transmission. IEC will purchase the electricity fixed rate of 0.6 ₪ per kilowatt.
Benefits of biomass energy production:
- A renewable energy source
- participate in carbon cycle in nature, ie does not produce greenhouse gases but is running a closed cycle
- solve the problem of waste storage
- can be produced by plants Small
- Biomass fuels emit almost no sulfur. Thus avoiding the acid rain
- Development of methods to exploit methane gas, will reduce the emission into the atmosphere. Methane is a gas that contributes to the greenhouse effect
- Cover large areas of land for creation of special crops to produce biomass energy will prevent soil erosion
Disadvantages in biomass energy production:
- in combustion processes nitrogen oxides are generated which are also gas that creates acid rain. Be sure to avoid the ejaculation
- Direct use of biomass combustion is an inefficient process, which causes many harmful substances emissions into the atmosphere
- Uncontrolled deforestation causes damage to the delicate balance of ecology on Earth